Thursday, July 17, 2008

The never-ending drama of the Cuisinart

First let me say I HATE THE FREAKING POST OFFICE!!!! Okay, that is out of my system. I bought Jason a Cuisinart stick blender for Christmas. Well in about February I was making a protien shake and the POS broke on some frozen berries. In order to repair/replace it they (Cuisinart) charges $10. Lesson 1, never buy anything from Amazon.com you can buy locally at Bed Bath & Beyond for the same price. They would have just let me exchange it at the store. So In June I finally get around to packing it up to send in for warranty. I have it weighed & measured at Harmon's so I can just put stamps on it and drop it in the mail box without having to wait in that horrible line at the post office. So June 30th I drop it in the box. A few days later they send it back to me with a sticker saying I have to bring it to the counter. So another week goes by until I am with Jason and he can just run it in and drop it at the counter while Will & I wait in the car...again to avoid having to unpack the baby and wait in that ridiculous line. So today I find in my mailbox the box AGAIN!!! It was returned for 31 cents of additional postage, which Cuisinart refused to pay. And because it was "refused" I had to repay $5.41 to repost the entire freaking package!!! The lady said I got off lucky because they could have charged me for the return postage too to send it back when Cuisinart refused it. So thus far I have spent $10.51 in postage, along with $10 for the repair, and three trips to the post office, to replace an item that costs $29.99! Moral of the story: buy locally, and NEVER EVER EVER send anything by U.S. Mail when you can use UPS or FEDEX instead.

No comments: