Sunday, July 27, 2008

29

So as of yesterday I am officially 29...clinging to my twenties by my fingernails. I feel like 29 is the equivelant of Sunday night at 10pm when you know you have to get up and go to work in 8 hours. That feeling of dread that the weekend is over and a whole new week of work is ahead. (This is all when I had a "job" of course. Now that I don't "work" my schedule is always the same -- no sleeping in or time off on weekends so they don't quite hold the same enjoyment anymore.) Anyway, I know that when Monday morning arrives it won't be so bad, the waiting and anticipation of it is always worse.

My birthday was great! Lara came and babysat Will so we could go out. It was so nice not feeling like we had to rush home to pick him up, or wake him up at mom & dad's to transfer and bring him home to sleep. We went to this Irish restaurant next to the theater called MacCool's. It was suprisingly good. We all ordered something different and just did it family style so we got to try a little of everything. I got a huge wedge of chocolate cake for dessert & a comped margarita for my bday instead of singing waiters. (Much better in my opinion!!!) Then we saw Batman -- an awesome movie I really want to see again because there was so much plot to digest. I got lots of great gifts too, so thank you to everyone!

Next year for the big 3-0 me and Cole are going to NYC to celebrate together. Hope you're saving up Cole!

No comments: