Thursday, May 15, 2008

All you ever wanted to know (and more) about....

...getting a brazilian wax.

Okay so first off, it was NOT that painful. I was expecting soooo much worse. But on a scale of one to ten probably only a six. The lady that did it, Debra, was really awesome and so professional. She's been doing it for 9 years and usually does about 8 a day so I'm sure she's seen it all before (if you know what I mean).

Basically she has you undress from the waste down and you are on this leather reclining chair/table (like when you get a facial). You put your heals together and pull your knees up, like you are getting a cathetar (sp?). She moves your hands around and tells you where to put them to hold the skin taunt, then she spreads on the wax with the popsicle stick looking thing and RIPS it off with muslin cloth. At the end you get on all fours (except it's three cause you alternate with each arm holding your butt cheek apart) and she waxes back there. Sounds mortifying right? But it sooooo wasn't that is the odd thing!

She's just chatting away the whole time talking about boyfriends and kids and travel and all kinds of stuff. She was so professional and fast. The whole thing took about 15 minutes. I am definately going back in 4 weeks. I wish I had done this years ago because the results are so nice and I won't have to worry about shaving in Hawaii at all!

Anyway, I highly recommend Debra's Waxing at 5818 S 900 E in Murray. (801) 755-1735 or (801) 262-2766.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

um.......your nuts.