Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm having a blah day....

Today it is snowing! This sucks!!! I miss spring. But this makes me more excited for Hawaii. So I am debating on whether of not to quit paying Weight Watchers $12 a week. I found a "Fitness Tracker" in an old day planner I have. But it could easily replace the little booklet they give you each week. I don't attend the meetings because they don't motivate me (when you are skinnier than 95% of the people there you start thinking "Hey, I look good.....have a cookie"), and when I weigh in they always ask me how much more I plan to lose, like I'm not fat enough or something to be there. I can even buy the official WW scale at Bed Bath & Beyond: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=146036453&sku=14067442&rn=444&col=%2D99&mesg=Items+were+added+to+your+cart%2E+%3Ca+href%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebedbathandbeyond%2Ecom%2FshowCart%2Easp%3Forder%5Fnum%3D146036453%26retloc%3Dproduct%252Easp%26retarg%3DSKU%253D14067442%26%3EProceed+to+checkout%2E+%3Cimg+src%3D%2Fimg%2Fglobalicon%5Fcart%2Egif+border%3D0%3E%3C%2Fa%3E

So why do I spend the $12 a week? Will I lose motivation if I don't have a little old lady telling me my weight? Can I just buy the scale and keep it at my mom's house so I have to go there & weigh in instead of weighing myself obsessively every day (which I do anyway, but my current scales doesn't go to the ounce)? She's a little old lady now, so she could read it for me if necessary. The scale pays for itself in 2 weeks with my coupon.

Should I just find a different meeting to attend with (hopefully) more women like me instead of the "relief society types" that attend my current meeting? It's hard with Will because he's always cranky at night so I couldn't bring him to those meetings. I'm going to go to a Saturday meeting this week & if it's not better, I think I am going to drop out & do it on my own instead.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I say do whatever you need to do! If you don't feel your getting anything out of the meeting, don't go! Save your money, buy the scale. Just as long as your keeping too it. If you feel you need to go to a meeting, go!